Monday, November 17, 2008

Letter #5

Dear Friend,


Sometimes when I am having an amazing week, and things just get better and better and like to think hard and store these times in my mind. Like when I ran my first marathon, and saw my favorite band later that day. If everything had to be going so well, I finished in my goal time, and saw an amazing band, things had to get worse. So I think hard, and store memories of me crossing the finish line and rocking out with my favorite band. These thoughts always helps me when I do bad at something, or I screw up, I always feel better when I think of other things I’ve accomplished earlier in my life.


When I was younger and a pest, I used to always give my mom a hard time. As I grew older throughout high school our relationship got worse and worse. My dad would always make me apologize to her even if it was her fault. I was never happy when I had to do this because I was young and I felt like a woman of her age should be mature enough to take responsibility. One time I didn’t suck up to my dad and I stood up for myself. I found out that when my mom grew up her family never confronted each other over a conflict like we do. So it was hard for her to get used to it, we both cried and grew ever closer.


For a majority of my life I didn’t have many friends. This was ok with me for the most part because I had a few close ones that I hung out with every weekend but none of them went to my school. I went through a period and time where I lose these friends, and was alone. To cope with my problems I started playing video games a lot. They kept me entertained and mainly my mind off that I was alone. As long as my mind was thinking about what I should do next in the game I never thought that I should be hanging out with other people. It helped me learn a lot about myself because my mind would often wonder while playing and gave me time to develop into who I am today.


Sincerely,

Joey

No comments: